CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Always Cherish You

Greetings Stampers!     

The following items were used to make this card:
  • Big Shot
    • Bigz Beautiful Butterflies
    • Sizzlits Lots of Tags Label 3
  • Stamp Set
    • Creative Elements
    • Floral Background
    • Weathered Background
    • Misc unknown postage stamp
  • Punch
    • Heart
  • Misc
    • Button
    • Handmade Shimmer Spritz
    • Hemp Twine
    • Ribbon
    • Dimentionals
    • Q-Tip (for distressing outer edges of Butterfly)
    • SU Designer Paper
 The card didn't quite turn out as I had expected.  I'm not sure what I was going for at the time, but figured I would post the card anyway.  The main reason I'm posting it is to show the handmade shimmer spritz I made.  The recipe is really simple.  All you need to do is mix Rubbing Alcohol and drops of Shimmer Paint (available through Stampin' Up!).  When it comes to the shimmer paint, a little bit goes a LONG way.  Add a few drops at a time until you achieve the desired shimmer.  I use little Mini Misters that I found at my local craft store.  you can use any spray bottle as long as the nozzle will spritz.  (for quite a while I used an old Stampin' Mist bottle that worked just fine)  Once you have the desired shimmer you can then add drops of your favorite Stampin' Up! re-inker if you want to add some color.  Make sure to shake really well before spraying. 

Shimmer paint can be purchased through Stampin' Up! for $5.95 a bottle that goes a long way.  3 color selections are:  Champagne Mist, Frost White, & Platinum.

Here is a close-up of the shimmer mist in action.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings & Inky Hugs;

~Shawnie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! ~Shawnie B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...