CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fusion Thanks - Replay

Good morning everyone!

I was having a hard time finding my Mojo this morning.  I wanted to create something but just couldn't lean towards any particular thing, so I looked through my archives to see if anything I made previously had jumped out at me.

I generally never create the same card twice unless it is by Customer request.  There are some that are popular and are asked for frequently.  I try to make all my cards differently in one way or another, that way the buyer / receiver of the card knows they are receiving a truly unique card.  Well, I CASE'd my own card just because!  I started out with some different ideas, and just started building, and by the time I was finished, this card looks pretty much like the one I made before a while back during a Sketch Challenge at Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge (entry #79)


Something I forgot to add on my previous post:  Here is information how I got the flowers to look more 3D than just laying flat and lifeless.  Place each flower on a thick piece of foam (I used the inserts that came with my Clear Block Storage Cady.  Using the stylus that came with my Simply Scored scoring tool I pressed the center of each flower into the foam.  This made each of the petals form and reach out.

The inside foam inserts from the Clear Block Storage Cady are also good to use for other things, like using them as your stamping surface.  This will help ensure an even sharper image when you stamp on your favorite cardstock.  So if/when you purchase your Clear Block Storage Cady, make sure to not throw away the foam inserts that your clear stamping blocks rest in because they can be good to use for so many other things.  I also use them for storing special brads, like my Antique brads.  This keeps them from rattling around in the storage container.  I also use them when inserting a brad through cardstock.  After piercing a hold with your paper piercer (or push pin) I lay the cardstock on the piece of foam and pierce the brad through.  Then you can take the whole thing and turn it over so you can press the prongs down without the brad falling out of the cardstock.  Cool idea, huh?!

Here are the ingredients for today's card: 

  • Stamps
    • Kindness Matters
  • Punches
    • Circle Punches
  • Big Shot
    • Bigz Lattice Die
    • Floral Fusion Sizzlits Die
    • Framelits Labels Die
    • Perfect Dots Embossing Folder
  • Misc
    • Brads
    • Pleated Ribbon
    • Halfback Pearls 
    • Sponge Daubers for distressing around edges. 
  • Colors Used
    • Blushing Bride
    • Soft Suede
    • Very Vanilla

Thank you so much for stopping by!

~Shawnie B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! ~Shawnie B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...