CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 28, 2012

So Many Smiles - Just Because

You ever have one of those days that just went great from beginning to end, there there were no snags and everything just clicked?  I experienced one of those days today!   I got up early, took my Rottweiler for a walk, or did he walk me?  lol anyway, while we were walking down the road the fragrance of fresh cut alfalfa triggered memories of my family's farm I grew up on in Western Idaho, right on the Idaho / Oregon border with the Snake River.

What I wouldn't give to feel safe and carefree without a worry in the world, other than who was dating who and who quit talking to who.   It's too bad when we are younger, we don't have the good sense to just stop and absorb everything going on around you and absorb it to your memory so you can hold on to forever.  Shoulda-Woulda-Coulda or Hind sight is 20/20 I suppose.

This card is inspired by the creative Cindy Elam with Heart's Delight Cards. 

I used Stampin' Write Markers to color the hummingbird stamp to ensure the colors were the way I wanted.  My camera didn't do this card justice, but I'm sure you get the idea.  ")  To make the flowers I punched out flowers with the Boho Blossoms punch, wadded them up and shaped & twisted them around to be the shape I wanted. To give additional dimension to the hummingbird I cut out and added an additional wing

The outside of the card says:  So many smiles...



And the inside says:  ...begin with you!




Thanks for stoping by!  Have a beautiful day.
Blessings and Inky Hugs;
~Shawnie B



Stamps:  Elements of Style and Petite Pairs
Punches:  Word Window, Scallop Trim Border, Boho Blossoms, Bird Builder, and Modern Label
Big Shot:  Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Stripes embossing folder, and Lacey Circle die (nestabilities)
Cardstock:  Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Garden Green, Old Olive, and Night and Day Specialty Designer Paper.
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Garden Green, and Taken with Teal, Garden Green, Rich Razzleberry, and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers.
Accessories:  Big Shot, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, halfback pearls, Sponge Dauber,  and Circle Scissor Plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! ~Shawnie B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...