CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nautical Birthday - Masculine - Sketch Challenge

Here is another sketch challenge from Sunny Challenges & Creations.

I'm keeping up with my challenge of creating Masculine cards to replenish my stock.  Here is the sketch...
And here is my interpretation of the sketch:

I did something a bit different around the sentiment.  Instead of rolling out a framelits shape and stamp the sentiment on that, I took a Framelits shape, adhered temporary snail to the back, positioned it where I wanted it on Very Vanilla cardstock and with my dauber shaded Crumb Cake all over and then Soft Suede just around the edges.  I then stamped images from The Open Sea stamp set all over.  Once I figured I had done enough, I removed the Framelits shape, which left the shape, but all clean of any ink, but you can still see the impression.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment and called it good.  I'm not sure what the technique is called, I guess it would be a reverse mask? 


This card was created with the following Stampin' Up! Supplies:  

  • Stamps:
    • The Open Sea
    • Elementary Elegance
  • Punches:
    • Circle Punch (for Build a Brad cntr)
  • Big Shot:
    • Framelits Labels Collection Die
  • Misc:
    • Build-a-Brad
    • Dimensionals
    • Hemp Twine
  • Colors:
    • Very Vanilla
    • Soft Suede ink
    • Not Quite Navy
    • Riding Hood Red
    • Crumb Cake

 Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings & Inky Hugs;

~Shawnie B.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic use of our sketch this week. Love the nautical theme. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Challenges and Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nautical card Shawnie. Great use of the sketch & your twine looks great tied on the card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sunny Challenges & Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawnie this is brilliant, love love love the nautical theme you have given your interpretation of my sketch. Thank you so much for sharing and playing along with us this week at Sunny Challenges and Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shawnie, what a lovely card you have made. Thank you for joining in at Sunny Challenges and Creations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! ~Shawnie B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...