CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 12, 2011

Masculine Birthday Card

This card is inspired by Julie Gearinger.  I saw her card on Stampin' Connection, a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website and was motivated to create my own version. 

I colored the pheasant with markers at the direction of Bill, my husband.  I am really glad he helped!

The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the King of the Grill stamp set.

To get all the colors to blend & jive I used an inkssentials blending block with velcro blending sponges.  I tried my wedge foam sponges, but it didn't get the desired effect I wanted.  for the sun I blended So Saffron around the whole left-side area where I knew the sun would be.  I then punched a circle out and adhered it with temporary adhesive.  I then started blending the following colors:  More Mustard, Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, & Calypso Coral. On the bottom for the ground I blended River Rock, Crumb Cake, & Soft Suede. 

Instead of throwing the circle away when I was done masking for the sun, I turned it over and stamped the sentiment and a few leaves on it.  (I hate to waste anything if I can help it!)

Anyway, here it is.  hope you like it!

Blessings & Inky Hugs;
~Shawnie B


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! ~Shawnie B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...