CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sympathy Cross - With Love & Caring - Dawn O CASE

Here is a Sympathy card I made that was inspired by Dawn Olchefske, otherwise known as Dawn O.  She is very creative and has a lot A WHOLE LOT of wisdom to share.  She is one of those crafters who have a lot of knowledge, but she doesn't brag about it.

She will also not hesitate to give another crafter credit that she got a technique from.  To be technical, very few projects are "new" or "just came up with".  Everyone learns from everyone else and no specific technique was originated by any specific person.  Even if it's a spin-off, that's more than likely what gave you the idea.  The thing is, all these techniques have been around since the beginning of paper, ink, scissors, and rubber stamps!  Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest I'll get off my soap box and share what I intended to share when I created this post!  ;)

This woman is amazing! She has a library set up categorizing different techniques, video's, how to use certain products, etc... And she's not afraid to give somebody else credit if she learned it from someone else, when if you actually want to be specific, nobody (very seldom I've never seen it) where someone comes up with a technique on their own.

So, with that being said, here is a card that was made where the lattice design was trimmed down to create a cross.  It was cut out using my Bigz Lattice Die.  A flower was then punched out using my Boho Blossoms Punch and a circle punch from the Itty Bitty Bits Punch Pack.  Then adorned it with a pearl halfback from the Pretties Kit (retired).  I also punched out a 1 1/2 inch circle with my Circle Punch with Baja Breeze and placed it behind the flower ensemble.  I also used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch twice behind the cross. Sentiment was stamped using the Thanks for Caring stamp set.


Thank you SO much for stopping by!

Blessings & Inky Hugs!
~Shawnie B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and feedback are always appreciated! ~Shawnie B.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...